Subscribe:

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Miley Cyrus Doesn't Want to Party in the U.S.A. Anymore



Miley Cyrus' biggest post-Hannah Montana hit came with her summer anthem "Party in the U.S.A.," but these days Miley needs to go outside the States to get her kicks. Namely, Europe, Australia, and anywhere else that isn't her native country. Currently in the midst of a successful world tour, Miley revealed to the AP that even though she's getting standing ovations in countries that don't primarily speak English, she's feeling a lack of love in the United States -- to the point that she's not sure whether to plan a trek for her fans here.
"I just think right now America has gotten to a place where I don't know if they want me to tour or not," Cyrus said. "Right now I just want to go to the places where I am getting the most love and Australia and South America have done that for me. Kind of going to the places where I get the most love. Don't want to go anywhere where I don't feel completely comfortable with it."
However, Miley's decision not to tour the States probably has to do less with not feeling the love and more to do with ticket sales: Since the arrival of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, the old guard of Disney stars -- Miley, Demi Lovato, and the Jonas Brothers -- have seen their popularity diminish significantly. Miley may still be a paparazzi fixture, but like Lindsay Lohan, cameras and tabloids are more concerned with whom she's dating or what she is (or isn't) wearing than what she is up to career-wise.
The tabloid scrutiny over the past year about her family's personal lives has also given the Cyrus clan a nice reprieve. "I think it's good, especially when you go on the road. You have to make sure everyone is happy before you start traveling, you're away," Cyrus added. "My family is good. They are stoked for tour. As long as I'm happy they are happy." So while Miley is happy these days, unfortunately her American fans are not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment