Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale On The Cover Of Seventeen

Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale on the cover of Seventeen

In honor of their new show, stars Ashley Tisdale and Aly Michalka grace the cover of the October issue of Seventeen magazine, in which they talk about boys, sibling rivalry and, of course, cheerleaders.

“In high school, it was all about popularity, being with the boyfriend and all the girls thinking he’s cute,” explained Ashley as to what she looks for in a boyfriend. “Now, I am more into a guy’s personality. I like someone I can have fun with and who can be more laid-back than I am, because it calms me down. At the same time, I want to be with someone who wants to work as much as I do and who respects me like I respect him.”
Aly admitted that she isn’t dating anyone at the moment, but she has a very clear image of the guy that she wants—and she definitely wants him. “In a serious relationship I will definitely write music about a guy. I’m totally into mix tapes and I’m all about small little things,” she said. “I’ll drop by their door and just leave a gift or come over if they’re sick and make them chicken noodle soup and rent a DVD and play board games. I think those little things mean a lot to someone.”
She added, “I just need to find that guy who’s worthy of committing myself to, because I’m not your average girl. And I think a lot of guys are intimidated by girls who know what they want. I still live at home when I am in L.A., I’m really close to my family, I have a busy life and I’m super-close to my sister—so basically if you date me, you date her. And he’s either into it or he’s not.”
Both Aly and her sister AJ are part of a pop rock band called 78violet (formerly Aly & AJ). Since their debut in 2005, they have both transitioned to the world of film and sometimes even audition for the same parts. Still, Aly explained, there is no sibling rivalry between the two of them.
“When it comes to my sister and I, I think the most shocking thing that people find out about us is the fact that we’re not competitive at all,” she said. “I think it’s because I would rather her get a job than anybody else if it wasn’t me.”
As for what they learned about cheerleaders, Ashley said, “I definitely think cheerleaders have no fear. When I took the ‘Hellcats’ job I was like whoa, this is a sport. Cheerleaders deserve a lot of respect for what they do.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment